RIO DE JANEIRO, April 23 (Xinhua) -- Brazil football legend Pele has expressed his wish to light the Olympic cauldron at this year's Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro.

The 75-year-old is widely tipped to officially open the Games of the XXXI Olympiad at the Maracana stadium on August 5.

"I would be very, very happy if that happened," the 75-year-old said in an NBC television interview.

"It would be great if I could be there. Maybe I could bring Brazil good luck."

The three-time World Cup winner famously wept in front of television cameras when Rio won the right to host the Games in 2009.

He attributed his outpouring of emotion to the fact he never competed at an Olympics due to previous rules which banned the participation of professionals.

"I have never played in an Olympics and Brazil has never won an Olympic [football] gold medal. One of the reasons I cried was because I was never part of an Olympics. I am also a very emotional person and I cry easily."

Pele added that his most pressing concern was that Rio held a successful Games amid an ongoing political and economic crisis.

"Unfortunately the political situation in Brazil isn't great. There is not long left before the Olympics begin. The most important thing is to make sure they are well run so that we can stage a great Olympic Games," he added.

RIO DE JANEIRO, Aug. 16 (Xinhua) -- Following are the results of men's high jump at the Rio Olympic Games here on Tuesday:

1. Derek Drouin, Canada, 2.38

2. Mutaz Essa Barshim, Qatar, 2.36

3. Bohdan Bondarenko, Ukraine, 2.33

4. Robert Grabarz, Britain, 2.33

4. Andriy Protsenko, Ukraine, 2.33

6. Erik Kynard, United States, 2.33

7. Majd Eddin Ghazal, Syrian Arab Republic, 2.29

7. Kyriakos Ioannou, Cyprus, 2.29

7. Donald Thomas, Bahamas, 2.29

GUANGZHOU nike air force 270 mens sale , Dec. 11 (Xinhua) -- Known as a charismatic boss and kindhearted philanthropist during the day, but a habitual thief, stealing precious jewels from high class community buildings at night.

It may sound like the fairy tale hijinks of Robin Hood, but a man arrested in southern Zhaoqing City nike air force 270 sale , Guangdong Province, is just that.

The story recently went viral after police arrested the man, surnamed Yu, on burglary charges nike air force 1 flyknit womens sale , the local public security bureau told Xinhua Thursday.

The case all started earlier this year with a local resident reporting lost items such as gold necklaces, rings, gold bracelets and tablet computers. The bureau received several similar cases, all happening in high-rise buildings.

Investigations concluded the suspect snuck into residential houses via gas conduits during the wee hours of the night. As police continued delving into the case nike air force 1 flyknit mens sale , they soon found the case wasn't as cut and dry as they initially perceived.

Further records found Yu had been living in a five-star hotel since late 2013. The 27 year old, called "Boss Yu" by those familiar with him, is often seen lingering in high-end clubs and hotels, or donating money to local welfare houses and charity organizations in the daytime. But at night nike air force 1 flyknit sale , he took off his suit to live a double-life as a pilferer of property.

Yu confessed to police that he had stolen items worth more than 500,000 yuan (80,802 U.S. dollars) in some 20 cases since November 2013.

Further investigation into the case is under way.

BEIJING, Sept. 19 (Xinhua) -- Chinese President Xi Jinping and his U.S. counterpart Donald Trump discussed Trump's visit to China later this year and the Korean Peninsula situation over phone late Monday.

In the phone conversation nike air force 1 mid sale , Xi said China and the United States share extensive common interests and have seen sound momentum of exchanges and cooperation in various areas at present.

The Chinese president said that he is happy to maintain communications with Trump on a regular basis over topics of mutual concern.

He also said that Beijing attaches great importance to Trump's state visit to China, and called on both sides to work closely so as to ensure a fruitful trip and inject new impetus into the development of China-U.S. relations.

The two sides need to strengthen high-level contacts and contacts at all levels, well operate the first round of China-U.S. social and cultural dialogue, as well as law enforcement and cyber security dialogue nike air force 1 high womens sale , and extend bilateral cooperation in all fields, Xi noted.

For his part, Trump said he is looking forward to paying the state visit to China, hoping that the trip can strongly move bilateral ties further forward.

It is satisfactory for the U.S. and Chinese heads of state to maintain close contacts and a fine working relationship nike air force 1 high mens sale , Trump said.

This year, both the United States and China have important domestic agendas, the U.S. president noted, expressing the hope that these agendas will all be smoothly carried out.

In the phone conversation nike air force 1 high sale , Xi also expressed sympathy and solicitude to Trump and the American people for the hurricane attacks on the United States over the past few days, and Trump expressed thanks therefor.

The two leaders also exchanged views on the current situation on the Korean Peninsula.

It is notable that this is the second phone conversation between the two heads of state within less than two weeks. The previous talk came on Sept. 6, when the two leaders talked about the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.

During their previous phone conversation, Xi said China has been adamant in preserving international nuclear non-proliferation regime nike air force 1 low womens sale , maintaining peace and stability on the peninsula, and resolving the nuclear issue through talks.

The Chinese president said the general direction should head toward a peaceful settlement of the issue, adding that dialogue combined with a set of comprehensive measures is best for seekin. Cheap NFL Jerseys China   Cheap Jerseys China   Cheap NHL Jerseys China   Cheap NFL Jerseys Online   Cheap NFL Jerseys China   Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping   Cheap NFL Sports Jerseys   Cheap NFL Sports Jerseys   Wholesale NFL Jerseys   Wholesale NFL Jerseys